• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can i OC a SLOT A ATLHON?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deker

please help guys.....
the only way to OC a slot-a atlhon is using a GFD?????
tis possible to OC in the FSB?????
i only get 101 FSB......in 103 the system crash......
my mobo-ASUS K7V
ATLHON 800
256mb 133mhz cas222
any help????

Last edited:
Try the goldfingers trick(not much choice !!!), or try upping the voltage while upping the FSB

It's the only thing I can say !

good luck !

:)
thanks a lot friend!!!!
but...im from Brazil and my english is poor....
when you say Upping are you saying that i must increase the voltage?????

thanks again

and anyone here can say what is the good voltage to increase my cpu to 800/850/900??????
thanks

Sorry, can't really help you out on this on ! (I don't have any Athlon or any new AMD chip). But you should try this :

1. Find out you current voltage.
2. Try increasing the voltage little by little, and verifing every time if it works or boots up. And always verify your CPU temperature. I think you shouldn't let it go a certain temp, maybe 50*C, more or less, I am not sure. If your temperature goes too high, start thinking about a new Heatsink-fan to keep it cool.

The only thing you won't be able to do without the goldenfingers is change the multiplier.

Sometimes, the problem isn't in the processor or voltage, but in the memory you have or the PCI cards you have. If you only try to increase the FSB and voltage, and only have PC100 memory, go and get some PC133 or higher. Maybe your PCI cards don't support higher bus speeds, try the system with no PCI cards (or just the Video card), and 1 stick of ram, see, if you can get it over 101 FSB, and add one by one the PCI and memory.

Hope this helps!

in my cpu i have a:
SB LIVE MP3+
256mb 133mhz
10/100 LAN CARD
ASUS V7100 GF2mx

and a lot of cooler's (8)
when i put the FSB to 103 the system crash.......only in 101 its run fine
:(
man...this sucks.......
i will try upping the voltage

Thanks a lot

Well, with these specs, your memory is good, I didn't hear any problems overclocking with the GeForce 2 cards, so I don't think this one is the problem either, so, try removing the ethernet and the Sound card, then retry to increase the FSB, see if they are the problem in your system. If without them, you can acheive higher FSB speeds, shut down your system, then try putting the sound blaster card back into the PC. If it doesn't start with this card in it, I think you found your problem. If it boots up perfectly, remove this card and put the Ethernet card in the PC. Start the computer with only the Ethernet in your PCI slots, see if it works. If not, ( and it worked great with the Sound blaster ), you maybe caught your problem. try testing your PCI cards like that. If you can, test your system with another video card, to see if your GForce isn't stopping you.

That chipset wasn't great on FSB overclocking.

Your gonna need a GFD for sure for any overclocking.

Most FSB's can't get past 112.

Back