• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O man i need some help...only 800mhz, dunno AIM password...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhatTheSchmidt

First of all, the computer is operating at 800mhz(startup speed), so the multiplier is at 4.....max is 10, that's what it is supposed to be at(amd 64bit mobile 3200+) but when I tried moving it to 10, it wouldn't start...so I had to clear the cmos....how do I fix it!? grr.

Second, my password for AIM was stored for my screen name on my other computer, I do NOT know it, and I tried every password I have ever used....how can I get the password out of it since its stored? I did found a few programs that get it, but the version is I think 5.3 and they didn't support that high.

PLZ HLEP MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! this suxorz...o, and btw the comp is actually damn fast for only 800mhz :cool:

Also, my sound isn't working...just says no audio device but the speaker wire is plugged in, into the center audio one - its orange. (i got msi k8n neo platiunum board...)

if you cpu is defaulting low and won't accept the proper settings either the mobo is bad or the cpu. try flashing the bios on the mobo and if it doesn't help it may be time to send both parts back for replacement.

thx ill load up my other comp and get that pass

ok well i got the multiplier at 7, and its running fine.....at 8 it didn't load....wtf?

also, when I scroll on websites, its very slow to react and isn't instant like my other computer, why might this be?

radium said:
For your AIM password, you can use revelation v 2.0. It's available at www.snadboy.com

nope, it says in password box password save - click here to change it

and now I don't think I can ever get on again, it doesn't seem to be saved ne more

damn this sucks, my 1800+ xp with 512mb ram and geforce 4 ti 4200 is better than my new comp lol

ok wtf, when I grab a winow and move it around my cpu is at 100% usage.........................................my god this also has to do with the scrolling crap **** problem

only things working correctly to my knowledge are the mouse, keyboard, psu, and water cooling.....everything else is fvcking messed up

You just built this computer? If so then it sounds like 1) you need to send some parts back or 2) you did something wrong during the build. Are you sure you know what you are doing in the bios? Im not trying to put you down at all but dude you have alot of problems going on there.

Did you install the latest video drivers? It is slugish if you dont. Sorry if im insulting your intelligence...

Ohh and make sure you set your voltage right. Try 1.5v which is a bit above stock to see if you get 10x.

well i dont understand why I cant run the proc at stock speeds...I know 95% well of what im doing...another thing, when I tried installing the video drivers...it froze when trying to see what was on the cd.......Tomorrow I'll start from scratch because I didn't partition enough space for the C: and I don't like how everything defaults to the C: when I was wanting it on the D:.....I'll just make 1 drive....hopefully tomorrow it goes well.

WhatTheSchmidt said:
nope, it says in password box password save - click here to change it

and now I don't think I can ever get on again, it doesn't seem to be saved ne more

Oh my bad, it works on asterisks though.

Dude, relax. Make sure everything is connected properly. Return everything in the bios to default. Partition your hard drive with the default space for C. Reinstall windows. Install all the driers. If you still get problems, flash your motherboard's bios. If that doesn't help, maybe you cpu or motherboard are faulty.

I wish thats how it worked...that would be the smart would though. Instead I get a hint....which doesn't help because my passwords cant use hints..o well

I think maybe my cpu needs more voltage to get a higher multiplier? 7 is max it will do ne thing at

there is no more jumpy scroll with the mouse, I had to get the drivers from ati's website since the disk didn't work...

now when I play a game, it runs fine, great FPS, but then crashes and turns ugly colors and then font looks messed up in windows...not sure why or what to do :(

if you have to up the voltage to get it to run and its still not running at its rated speed the cpu is junk, stop messing with it and just send it back. your wasting your time trying to get it to run at this point. 7x200 is near 1ghz shy of stock speed. there is no way your going to get it to run at stock speed with any amount of voltage if its having issues at such a low speed. even if you did why would you want to. your going to end up killing that cpu with the amount of voltage its going to need just to run at stock speeds. you already lost any chance of overclocking it, which is the only reason to buy a mobile.

Back