• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Damn That Elusive 4 Ghz!!!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Achilles17

sigh...why must it be so hard? i got my 3.0C (30 cap SL6WU) up to 3.98ghz at 1.6V...but I CANT GO UP JUST A LITTLE MORE!!! damn it...well, 3.98 is pretty good i GUESS (265 FSB)...3.99 (266 FSB) booted to windows, but crashed immediatly. yeah, this probly isnt too stable, but im on it now and it seems fine, ill prime it overnight at 3.8 or so to test. oh well, heres an SS of 3.98 (ARGH!)

1080.jpg

Man, that's excellent! Sooo close. Did you just install it? If so, I think you'll hit 4GHz once it gets burned in. Congrats on the great oc! :thup: :clap:

yeah i installed it about 18 hours ago or so. thats a good point, i forgot about the burn in...how much more does one usually get after waiting a day or two? btw i used AS5, and i heard that has a burn in time too, is that true?

oh and btw, im runnin this 1:1 with a gig of OCZ PC4400...heh...

I got 7 more fsb on mine after a couple more days. Not a huge diff., but enough to get you that 4GHz. Man 1:1 :drool: What's your Sandra look mem bandwidth look like? I'm so jealous. I got to get me some. :D

wow not bad at all..this cant be air cooled... thats crazy.. good job.. keep us posted.d.

it is air cooled, SP94 + 92mm Vantec Tornado. The Tornado is only at 2500prm though, about half speed, so its virtually silent. Heres my Sandra mem bandwith at 3.8ghz, at 3.98 its a little higher, around 5770 i believe. Anyway, here it is:

mem.jpg

OMG!!!!!! argh respect to you mate. on air to.what is the spec of your comp and what temps are you at with that cooler on full load and idle???

Phil

Chaos_Being said:
Wow, people are getting some crazy results with just air cooling lately!

its all suicide runs though. With my old 2.6c, I could hit 3.8 on a banzai run. It wasnt at all stable, but it sure did make nice photos.

Achilles17 said:
it is air cooled, SP94 + 92mm Vantec Tornado. The Tornado is only at 2500prm though, about half speed, so its virtually silent. Heres my Sandra mem bandwith at 3.8ghz, at 3.98 its a little higher, around 5770 i believe. Anyway, here it is:

mem.jpg

That's 1:1? That's much lower than I expected. I get 5644 with the 5:4 divider. I thought you'd be well over 6000. You must have some really relaxed timmings.

its not a suicide run btw, its runnin at 8ghz perfectly stable, ran prime for maybe 6 hours without errors (ill run it for 12 a little later), so it works. and yeah, i dunno why its only at 5600, but whatever. timings arent relaxed either, 3-4-4-8, ill look into that

Achilles17 said:
its not a suicide run btw, its runnin at 8ghz perfectly stable, ran prime for maybe 6 hours without errors (ill run it for 12 a little later), so it works. and yeah, i dunno why its only at 5600, but whatever. timings arent relaxed either, 3-4-4-8, ill look into that
i think you mean 4ghz?lol
when you run the benchmark make sure everything is closed and not running program wise.

many people have a hard time believing 4ghz on air. i dont see why its so hard to believe? but the OC looks great man!

PHILIP1193 said:
OMG!!!!!! argh respect to you mate. on air to.what is the spec of your comp and what temps are you at with that cooler on full load and idle???

Phil

heres specs:

[email protected]
SP-94 + 92mm Vantec Tornado
P4C800-E
2x512 OCZ PC4400
Xaser III Super Tower (V1000D)
Audigy 2 zs
X800 XT (hasnt arrived yet, still waitin on this, have a ti4200 in there for now)
200gb SATA

temps are about 38/46, pretty damn good. The tornado is on a fan controller, so it adjusts to the temp

i actually meant 3.8ghz, 4 boots to windows, but freezes soon after. hopefully after a day or so it will start to free up, maybe i will be able to hit 3.9 stable...

looks good! depending on what thermal paste you use it may settle more and give better temps and allow the higher oc.you need to let the pc cool at night and run during the day so it sees temps extremes to get it to settle faster.

Achilles17 said:
i actually meant 3.8ghz, 4 boots to windows, but freezes soon after. hopefully after a day or so it will start to free up, maybe i will be able to hit 3.9 stable...

my point exactly, although suicide runs are fun

I used AS5, so that should take some time to settle too. i only installed this about 18 hrs ago, and it hasnt been on the whole time, so it hasnt quite burned in yet.

Surfeit00 said:
my point exactly, although suicide runs are fun

yeah, but i just wanted to say that i did hit 4ghz, but i still dont have a damn screen of that :cry:

Back