• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ti4200 Still Perform?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxwell Murder

I'm building a new system but its either a new monitor or a new card. I'll go with the monitor mainly due to the fact cards come and go but a good monitor wont (Getting a P95f+b) So will the ti4200 still run games such as Call of Duty and Star Wars Galaxies with nice settings at 1280 or am I in need of a new card?

kind of..

I have the ti4200 128mb 8x on my old vaio with a 1.6 p4 and 384 mb. I ran call of duty everything max, on 1280 res, and it was very playable. The last level lagged like hell though. Just get a Radeon 9600 they are cheap and run newer games a lot better.

The TI should struggle on new games, but you can likely play them at medium settings at good fps.

EDIT: What I mean to say is, get a new monitor. 6 months down the road all of the new cards will be $100 cheaper.

Here is your problem. GF4200's are still damn fine cards. Your problem is that any new really demanding game will not run great at anything above 1024x768. Example, I run far Cry at 800-600 high details, except shadow and lighting and I get around 35-40FPS depending on area and detail. This is playable for this game. Switching to 1024 drops me into the low teens. So in-short if you plan to buy a new IE X800Pro/6800Ultra cards, then a new monitor would be good idea, and you are just going to have to put up with gaming lower res on a bigger monitor.

Back