• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap chroming/electroplating?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fuzzbeaner

Hey, on my Porsche 924 electric conversion the old emblems are, frankly, crap. Someone did a shoddy gold paint job on them, and I would prefer a BRILLIANT silver shine.

So, anywhere know a cheap place online to send in stuff for chroming up? Or locally for that matter? I'm in scenic central MA.

Thanks,
-Jeff

And for those of you who havn't seen it already, a link to my electric conversion.

Sorry I could help myself - I love showing off my in progress electric car!

Darn, it looked very good, but then I read this:

Sorry we do not do plating on exterior parts such as plastic grills or plastic motorcycle parts. The type of plating we do is vacuum metalizing which is common to interior parts but not durable for exterior use. For exterior parts we recommend you have the parts Electro plated as they originally were. Sorry we do not know of any source for this service. If you find a reliable source please let us know.

Thanks anyways, I was so hopeful!

-Jeff

Hey Fuzzbeaner,

Not to derail the thread, but I browse with Mozilla Firebird and it does NOT like your site. I checked it with ID and it compensates for some of your problems (using back slashes instead of front slashes). It seems like a pretty cool project and you might want to check out your web page with another browser.

Good luck!

I know, I was shocked to find out an old version of word I used to update at work actually flipped some slashes.

It's a very recent problem and I believe it's now repaired. My copy of Firefox balked at it to. I think it was a move by Microsoft during the browser wars to knock more picky broswers like Netscape and Mozilla out of the race. Afterall, a majority of pages were designed by Microsoft products - what better way to derail the competetion then making it so they can't load pages?

Anyways, fixed now, thanks for the notice! :)

-Jeff

Back