• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vivendi Axes More Games And Staff

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yuck, never good to see people getting fired although that it what happens when you don't deliver in a dog eat dog world (look at what happend to the online portion of EA).

Actually that is what happens when game developers get bought by big conglomerates . The big boys like Vivendi don't have much patience with developers .If the game devs ahd a small company owned and run by them or a smaller entity , they would wait longer and be more patient for a big earning hit . Conglomerates buy up the little and medium sized fish , and then as soon as performance drops even a little close up shop and fire the people who mad the company/brand . One thing the Vivendis of this world always do is keep the little guys company name so that they can use it again .

It is really sad , I'm sorry for the fans of Papyrus' Nascar games . Even worse for Hoyle , ahve you any idea how long Hoyle's brand of card games has been around ? Ah well sigh .

Cowboy X said:
Actually that is what happens when game developers get bought by big conglomerates . The big boys like Vivendi don't have much patience with developers .If the game devs ahd a small company owned and run by them or a smaller entity , they would wait longer and be more patient for a big earning hit . Conglomerates buy up the little and medium sized fish , and then as soon as performance drops even a little close up shop and fire the people who mad the company/brand . One thing the Vivendis of this world always do is keep the little guys company name so that they can use it again .

It is really sad , I'm sorry for the fans of Papyrus' Nascar games . Even worse for Hoyle , ahve you any idea how long Hoyle's brand of card games has been around ? Ah well sigh .

vivendi BLOWS!

Cowboy X said:

I used to play a Hoyle card game on Windows 3.1 when I was a kid, lots of fun. It sucks what Vivendi is doing. . .

Back