• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright XP-120 News!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thrawn42

I recently emailed Thermalright about acquiring the new XP-120 (Aluminum 5-heat pipe ~300g) heatsink and have just received a response.

I was expecting just to be shut down. Little did I suspect they would actually give me a release window for bleeding thing!

That's right...according to Thermalright, the XP-120 may be available for sale online as early as next week!

Last edited:
SAAA-weet! I have been waiting for it. I wonder who will have it first? Zipzoomfly, Newegg, or SVC?

Ohh...if this hasn't been done for you yet....WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

Thrawn42 said:
I recently emailed Thermalright about acquiring new the XP-120 (Aluminum 5-heat pipe ~300g) heatsink and have just received a response.

I was expecting just to be shut down. Little did I suspect they would actually give me an actual release window for bleeding thing!

That's right...according to Thermalright, the XP-120 may be available for sale online as early as next week!

that's great that you got a response. i emailed them about 5 times within 3 weeks or something asking them where i could get more fan wire clips and haven't gotten a single response. its now been a month or something. great going thermalright :rolleyes:

-b0bby

I don't think it will be that much of a problem. If you look at all views of it, it would seem it has a small base and sprouts out to a large top. Depending on your board of course it will slightly cover the North bridge but I don't think it will interfere with the RAM.

This should even fit over my OTES cooling on my IC7-MAX3.

Im pretty sure most the surface area(read HUGENESS) is at the top, as far from mobo as possible, the heatpipes help to spread the heat evenly over that distance.

Another cavet is if you have a tall n/b active cooler, you can kiss that good bye. Also, the sp94 will still outperform the 120 when high rpm fans are used. So don't throw out that tornado just yet.

Last edited:
SWEET! I didn't think it would be out this soon! It's too bad it's only for Intels, though.

Back