• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Added Antec true control panel and CPU temps went up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BrandonV

Posted this in the cooling forum earlier, should've posted it here instead. Sorry!

I installed an Antec true control 550 a week ago, but not the control panel until last night. Once I did that my CPU temps rose about 4C.
Is it because my rails are getting more volts now than before it was hooked up? They were reading 11.97, 3.29 and 5.48 now they read 12.03, 3.30 and 5.50 in the bios and MBM5.

I initially thought it could be because I installed the poanel in my top bay (closest to my 120mm blowhole fan) and the fan was only exhausting cool air from the vented panel instead of hot air from components, but my case temp remained the same and only the CPU temps rose.
I've also tried adjusting the fan speed of the PSU but that hasn't made a difference to the CPU temps.

Its gotta be the voltage to the processor right?

Could it be a change in room temp, or just inaccuracies in the sensor? Unplug it again and see if you get a 4 degree drop.

Back