• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asrock motherboards? bios options?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaRky4YoU

i am thinking of going asrock because of my tight budget. . do the asrock motherbaords have the bios options you need for overclocking?? FSB and v-core voltage??

im thinking of getting the

ASROCK K7S8X Moederbord

2gether with a duron 1.6 or duron 1.8. . .yes this will be a budget system . . as cheap as possible

AsRock, I'm almost sure is going to offer few if any overclocking options.
If I were building a budget system, I'd use one of Biostar's Nforce2 Ultra 400 boards. They can be had for 60$ or so with the basic options, and have every overclocking options that can be found on the much more expensive boards.

As a matter of fact, this one is only 60$, and includes SATA RAID support.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-138-236&depa=1
I
have used a few of these, and have nothing but good things to say about them.

Also I used one of these boards in a system I build recently, and was suprised to find that it offered overclocking options as well. It doesn't have AGP/PCI lock, so don't expect to run FSB past 215mhz or so.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-170-119&depa=1

Hope this helps.

I have the P4S55FX+ from newegg. It only cost me $50, but it's for an Intel chip. It included just about everything the i865 Intel chipset has. As far as overclocking, it has FSB adjustments in 1mhz increments, but I can't locate a vcore adjustment, which is ****ing me off :bang head . I've overclocked my 2.0 P4 to 2.4 by adjusting my FSB from 100 to 120 with no problems so far. I'm hoping for 2.6, but I'll need more voltage I believe. Btw, anyone know if Asrock is a subsidiary of Asus? I've heard they are, but not sure.

Good:
Prescott 800 mhz FSB support
SATA Raid 0/1
Dual channel DDR up to 4 gig
onboard Lan and audio
8 usb 2.0 ports
$50

Bad:
Can't locate an adjustment for vcore (may not be one) :mad:
not many extras (was only $50 though)
passive cooling on the northbridge

Back