• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HIS Card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mictlan

Senior OC BOINC User
I'll looking into one of these two cards:

HIS Excalibur 9600XT
HIS Excalibur 9800Pro

Should I get the 9800 or better the 9600XT?

Go for the 9800pro, not sure if you can flash it to a 9800xt though. I believe HIS cards have the regular r350 core. But you can still overclock the bad boy!

SantiMun said:
Go for the 9800pro, not sure if you can flash it to a 9800xt though. I believe HIS cards have the regular r350 core. But you can still overclock the bad boy!

my HIS 9800pro has an r360. havnt found the correct flash for it yet.. may or may not bother. i posted what ive clocked it at on the 9800 thread. good card.. comes with the arctic VGA silencer and ramsinks.

DexterPunk said:
my HIS 9800pro has an r360. havnt found the correct flash for it yet.. may or may not bother. i posted what ive clocked it at on the 9800 thread. good card.. comes with the arctic VGA silencer and ramsinks.

Dood, when and if you find a good XT bios for that card, plz let me know if you see any differing results. I've decided against actively going that route, but if the performance jump is pretty significant w/ a proper bios flash, then I'll do it. ;)

yep, i found one... and it works... i didnt notice a huge increase.. only about 200 3dmarks in 03.. but send me an email or icq me, and i can send you the flash i used.. i actualy have two.. one is for samsung ram.. but this didnt work for me... the other is for Hynix ram..and it worked a treat.

YellowDart said:
Dood, when and if you find a good XT bios for that card, plz let me know if you see any differing results. I've decided against actively going that route, but if the performance jump is pretty significant w/ a proper bios flash, then I'll do it. ;)
300 point boost in 3dmark03, but not much really in anything else. My card accepted a 256mb BIOS, which gave it about 70 more marks than the 128mb one...go figure.

DexterPunk said:
yep, i found one... and it works... i didnt notice a huge increase.. only about 200 3dmarks in 03.. but send me an email or icq me, and i can send you the flash i used.. i actualy have two.. one is for samsung ram.. but this didnt work for me... the other is for Hynix ram..and it worked a treat.

Cool, will do when I get a chance and fix my bad floppy drive. ;)

Have you tried upping your OC since you flashed??? Any diff there, or has it stayed the same???

my o/c was already higher than XT specs b4 i flashed it.. so no havnt trryed to go any higher.. i dont realy feel the need to push it anymore.

Back