• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pictures of dead snake in power supply?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
Sometime ago someone had pictures of dead snake in a PC power supply. Apparantly the snake had crawled inside the supply while the PC was off and when someone turned on the PC, the short circuit killed both the snake and the PSU.

I tried google and it all points to http://uq.edu.au/education/extra/all.html but that page is no longer up. Did any of you have a picture of them? I wanted to use the picture to pick on someone over at Atariage forum who has a hissing game system. :D

TIA

You mean this one?

photo92_2p.jpg

Or this one?

photo92p.jpg

wow taht would freak me out...
/me tuerns on computer
computers makes electric sounds and shuts down
I say wtf
/me takes a look at the computer
/me screams and yells after seeing snake hanging out the back of power supply....
that would be somthing interesting...

Kinda hard to believe looking at the top picture I have no idea how it would have managed to get the bigger part of its body through the grills in 2nd picture...

i recon its fake - its look like rubber and the fan would of killed it and it would of been black if it had roasted. Plus how does it get the there it couldn't when it was on and when it off its body woudl of been to big to get in via fan.

Phil

Real or not, a snake could have easily gotten in there when the computer was shut off.

Hate to ruin it for you guys, but it was a fake. If I remember right, it was just a really nice Photoshop job.

-CPFitz-

How is it a nice photoshop job. It looks darn fake to me, when an animal is decapitated it normally bleeds excessivley and a fan would shoot it all over the powersupply before come to a complete hault. Plus, a fan like that I'm not even sure could kill a snake like that. Anyways, the scales don't look like real scales too.

Unless that fan is very powerful, it won't chop the snake. Especially if the snake's through the fan when it was off in the first place.

If you stick your finger into a running fan, it can hurt but if you stick your finger into the fan and then turn the fan on, the blade would just stop on your finger and nothing would happen.

That looks fake to me, but it is possible. It also reminds me that I had a HUGE spider just chilling at the bottom of my computer for almost a week enjoying the light from the cathode and the warmth. I finally got ****ed off enough to open up the computer and kill it a few days ago.

If you look at it, the head of the snake is up-side-down in the 1st pic, and right-side-up in the the 2nd pic. I think I's fake.

axlecrusher said:
If you look at it, the head of the snake is up-side-down in the 1st pic, and right-side-up in the the 2nd pic. I think I's fake.
Look at the pictures again :rolleyes:

I think it's real. For all the people who think the snake was decapitated, it was in contact with a power supply!

I don't know if it's real, or not, but it's a damn funny pic

Back