• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless Gaming Headphones?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nightingale

Ok my dog has just chewed the wire on my second set of wireless headphones. I was playing halo and then my sound starts crackling and finally I lose my audio. I know I could be more careful about the wire but when I am gaming I tune everything else out so I am not thinking of going wireless. I want something that has a microphone if possible but as long as sound quality is fair I am ok with the lack of the microphone (its always a plus though). Also I like the can style because it blocks out most other sounds from the room especially my pc (until I am done with my gundam seed case mod). I have seen one pair of sony 5.1 virtual surround sound headphones but I don't want to spend a huge amount on the phones since I also need to upgrade the vid card (check the sig and you will see what I mean).

Well most of the headphones I see lack the microphone I was looking for and the only thing close I found was a bluetooth headset that looks more for cellphones so I would question its sound quality. Anyone have any suggestions for an affordable pair of wirless phones perferably with the surrond sound and somewhat styleish. I am just sick of worriying about the dog chewing on them and also when I game they always get in the way and get caught in the wheels of my chair because the cords are 5ft long( I use the front port on my case).

Radio Shack was offering their generic brand for 25 bucks if you look it up.

Definitely not the seksi ones though...

33-1219.jpg

http://www.radioshack.com/product.a..._name=CTLG_007_003_006_000&product_id=33-1219

Last edited:
i use this microsoft sidewinder headset. Its decent , they have a really good pair but i rather not pay the money. I rather just buy 280s and stick the microphon on it and loom the 2 cables together.

Zoltan

Well not sure about those rad shack phones. I mean great price but I wonder what the sound quality is like. I liked my Altec lansing cans, but like I said I want wireless with decent perfomance. I would like to stay under 100 if possible and I want the can design because I find them more comfortable and also better to block out background noise. I may just go with another set of wired phones though since there is a greater variety out there.

Back