• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATi drivers to nVidia drvers...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoc

I know that nVidia drivers are a pita to remove and change to an ATi card and that the process usually includes a format but what about the other way? If I have an ATi driver set installed can I do the usual remove and install the nVidia ones like usual? Any input or past experience would be great, thanks.

wannaoc said:
I know that nVidia drivers are a pita to remove and change to an ATi card and that the process usually includes a format but what about the other way? If I have an ATi driver set installed can I do the usual remove and install the nVidia ones like usual? Any input or past experience would be great, thanks.

control panal>add/remove programs.

Download a driver cleaner. Just google for one. Then boot up into safe mode. Use the cleaner to get rid of your old drivers. Shut down. Switch cards. Boot up and install the new drivers and you should be good to go.

Back