• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Global Win WBK 38 worth purchasing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Taz

I'm going to purchase this heatsink for about 45 cdn this week. have a 1.0ghz t-bird. Are there any other recommendations besides Global Win? I 'm new to HSF installation and I hate to crack the core!
Thanks.
P.s. I heard that the Thermalright SK-6 is pretty good but it cost 49 cdn without the fan!

I have one (well it was a wbk 68, but i changed the fan for a delta wich makes it a 38) on a 1,2Ghz 266 running at 1,33 (133x10). I get about 34-38 C idle depending on room temp. The good thing though is that it never gets over 45 C under load (SETI@Home for 5 hrs). The bad thing is that it seems to take quite some time for it do unload the heat and go back down to idle temp

Taz said:
I'm going to purchase this heatsink for about 45 cdn this week. have a 1.0ghz t-bird. Are there any other recommendations besides Global Win? I 'm new to HSF installation and I hate to crack the core!
Thanks.
P.s. I heard that the Thermalright SK-6 is pretty good but it cost 49 cdn without the fan!

The Global Win is a desent fan - but if you want to do any serious overclocking the ThermalRight is one of the best.

Back