• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

local security policy: debug programs keeps reseting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TACTECHL

I am the systems admin.

When I give the administrators group debug program rights and restart the PC for it to take affect it resets everytime allowing no debugging.

This is crucial because I need debug programs enabled for Punkbuster to scan my PC allowing me to participate in my CoD clan matches.

This could be a virus or malware I assume. I have Norton 2004, AVG 7, newest SPybot s&D, pest patrol, ad-aware and spysweeper. I have scanned w/ all these updated programs. I had been bombarded w/ viruses and spyware from some website, which I have been recovering from for the past few days.

any help is appreciated

c'mon doesnt anyone here know solve problems or do we all just ask questions :eh?:

Have you assigned it here?

Group Policy\Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment.

turd said:
Have you assigned it here?

Group Policy\Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment.

NOt sure how to do that even :bang head
its windowz XP by the way

Last edited:
type this into your run box: gpedit.msc

and then click/expand all the way to the ........User Rights Assignments
(Group Policy\Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment)

Once you get all that open dclick on debug and then add all your users by name that you want to have this auth, including the admin groups by name.

I would give that a shot first, I would guess that you are not on a domain.

okay so thats where i set it, i just went through controll panel
every time i log on and off that is reset to 'blank'

That dosent make sense that you can not set it. Check your control panel | users and paswords| administrators | property| group membership and make sure that what you have listed for an administrator is actually in the administrators group.

Back