• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please hook a brother up with ram recommendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hafaphoto

I know you get this post every few days, but I am confused by all the brands and numbers, and am very busy at work. Here is the deal, I got 2 512 GEIL value 3200 ram, and one stick is bad (prime fail in 1 min). The other stick seems ok. I sent an email to Newegg, to see if I could RMA the bad stick, and buy a better kind of RAM. I also want to return the working stick and buy a better kind.

If newegg lets me replace the bad stick with another, what should I get? Hopefully, I can return the stick that works, but if I can't, I will sell it to a friend of mine.

What to get? Corsair XMS, Crucial tech, Mushkin... I am lost here! I want 3200 RAM that will overclock well. Let me know if you need more info than my sig.

Thanks for your help! I am tied up at work, and do not have time to do much searching, and I appologize for that!

E

The mT and TCCD in the OCZ and Corsair respectively outdo BH6 pretty easily in most cases. The 222 is one of the best out there, but make no mistake, there is better.

Ram

I looked at the OCZ, looks nice. Depending on how Newegg handles this, I would not mind getting 512 of some really good ram! I guess what I am asking, is what is the best 512 stick for overclocking an Abit NF-7s?

Hey! Thanks for the quick replies!

E

Note: Don't get super high rated RAM! I'm screaming this all throughout the memory threads because I wasted $$$ on high speed ram, PC4000 and my AMD system doesn't even get it that fast. P4 systems are more optimized for this high-speed stuff, don't go for it in an AMD system. PC3200-PC3700 should be all you need. I wanna get rid of this and go for the EB stuff too....

kiyoshilionz said:
Note: Don't get super high rated RAM! I'm screaming this all throughout the memory threads because I wasted $$$ on high speed ram, PC4000 and my AMD system doesn't even get it that fast. P4 systems are more optimized for this high-speed stuff, don't go for it in an AMD system. PC3200-PC3700 should be all you need. I wanna get rid of this and go for the EB stuff too....

SAME HERE! To be fair, though, the RAM i was sent was defective, so that might be inhibiting my OC. Getting really fast RAM / expensive RAM is a good way of ruling out that the RAM is the bottleneck in your OC, unless it's defective.

Back