• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[HELP] I need ram for my p4p800 + 2.6C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Guvernment

Hey all

i never really paid much attention to ram in my systems - i guess i got lucky as i often happened to pick up some samsung or hynix ram that O/C'd great.

i got a 2.6c on the way for my Asus P4P800 board and i plan to O/C as much as i can...

So what i am looking for is @ least 1gb or ram (2 x 512 or 1 1gb stick) - i would assume pc3500 or higher since pc3200 is 200FSB

i would like to stay below or around $200 US...

Any thoughts ?

You might consider waiting until you get your 2.6 and running it, depending on your current ram (tried to check in your profile, but no luck) at 3:2 or 5:4 to see just how fast it will run, then buy new ram to match its speed. That would ensure that you are not limited by your ram, but at the same time, not force you to run at slower than needed timings.

true - iwill havea stick of Samsung pc3200 i can use - shall wait - should have the chip in a few days :)

Back