• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair 512mb XMS PC3200LL (CMX512-3200LL)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roll+call

Just a few questions.. :p
1. Anyone know what IC's in these? Seen somewhere these were some 5ns chips... (some thread on this forum)
2. Will these at all do 2-2-2-X out of curiousity (guessing not given the XL's)
3. Does it really make much of a difference between getting 2 of the single 512 sticks and running them DC, or getting the Twinx DC kit of the same sticks? I would think there'd have to be some sort of benefit to getting these (general question on all such DC kits here).

Thanks in a advance

usually when you buy in pairs you save some money. If u buy one at a time, as long as you buy same spec you'll be fine.
will they do 222? well it depends how much voltage you have to put thru em , and if it's ch-5 i'd probrably lean towards no. most likely the ics are ch 5 though. do you have a link?

i have those sticks but oh wait mine are 2 x 256 but i got the 3200LLpt and i get 235 fsb at 2.9 vdimm havent had a problem yet and i can run them at
2-2-2-5

urbancontra said:
usually when you buy in pairs you save some money. If u buy one at a time, as long as you buy same spec you'll be fine.
will they do 222? well it depends how much voltage you have to put thru em , and if it's ch-5 i'd probrably lean towards no. most likely the ics are ch 5 though. do you have a link?

wouldn't cry about 2-3-2 :p unless it didn't go much above stock.. but prolly enough if I don't vmod my nf7
http://www.vibecomputers.com/index.cfm?loc=iview&if=n&vID=163892
about $152 USD
unsure about the price.. :-/

good deal.

v 1.1 are bh-5/ bh-6 according to the corsair help forums.

guessing that is newer stock, so those will definately be ch-5.

ch-5 goes generally as high as bh-5, but up to a certain point (voltage) at which point more voltage will just return more errors, whereas bh-5 will scale even higher with the increased vdimm.

i would say 230 fsb at 2 3 2 11 is not out of the question, and if you can flood the on board voltage limiter, with say 3.4, you could expect some niceness.

although, being on the nf7-s the board will most likely be the limiting factor.

my advice is do a vdimm mod, do the L12 mod, run trats new cpc diable bios based on d24, get some good cooling on the ram, and hope for the best :)

cheers :beer:

Onkyo said:
i have those sticks but oh wait mine are 2 x 256 but i got the 3200LLpt and i get 235 fsb at 2.9 vdimm havent had a problem yet and i can run them at
2-2-2-5

hmmm... i'm a dunce. forgot about http://pub.lorenz.bei.t-online.de/winbondlist.htm
LLPT's seem to be bh-5's, and those LL's would definitely be ch-5's
just gotta read up on ch-5's. Think it'll be fine.. but if I can score some bh-6's for not too much more...

oc613 said:
good deal.

v 1.1 are bh-5/ bh-6 according to the corsair help forums.

guessing that is newer stock, so those will definately be ch-5.

ch-5 goes generally as high as bh-5, but up to a certain point (voltage) at which point more voltage will just return more errors, whereas bh-5 will scale even higher with the increased vdimm.

i would say 230 fsb at 2 3 2 11 is not out of the question, and if you can flood the on board voltage limiter, with say 3.4, you could expect some niceness.

although, being on the nf7-s the board will most likely be the limiting factor.

my advice is do a vdimm mod, do the L12 mod, run trats new cpc diable bios based on d24, get some good cooling on the ram, and hope for the best :)

cheers :beer:

wicked :beer:

err, on second though....

i didn't check the link and thought that was for a gig.

for 512 that is a rip IMO. corsair is good ram, but that is a premium price for ch-5.

i'd take a chance with some khx-3000, i found a place in ottawa andrew that has the some old stock of the 1 gb packs. plus it's only 307$ CND.

you can get the mushkin 2 2 2's for 440 CND, or you can get that ch-5 for 400 CND.

go for the bh-6..... especially if you are adventurous enough to do a voltmod.

plus the resale value will be A LOT higher for the mushkins if you ever want to get rid of them.

personally though, i'd take the gamble on the 3000's for 307$ CND. as even if you don't get bh-5, you'll get bh-6, and if not bh-6, you'll get ch-5.

unless the pcb is a total disaster you'll still be able to do high FSB with enough encouragement (read voltage) :)

:cool: WOOOOHOHOOOO! that was post 100! :cool:

ya i was iffy on the price but was just curious about what chips they had... was too retarded at 3:30am to check pub.lorenz :bang head
the price difference is a bit larger though. not really willing to get those mushkin's cuz w/ tax ends up $507. shipping free though?
since vibe is in BC those corsairs end up 438, or 448 with shipping. still plenty of dough.
the mushkin's would be overkill for my ambitions I think.
i'll have to check out those kingston's but if they end up being ch-5's then I don't know how much above the rated 185 they'll do... and at what timings.

ch-5 will typically do upto ~230 +/- 5 FSB with the 3.0 volts you can supply on your stock NF7-S, assuming your NF7-s will do that. this is all at 2 3 2 11 timmings.

personally i don't think you can go wrong with the hyperx 3000's at 307 CND.

according to the bh-5 thread, and my personal experiences with kingston hyper-x 3000, the a00's do well in the 256 mb variety, but when it comes to the 512's, you'd be better off grabbing the "ASSY IN CHINA" "A01" 2.5v 2 2 2 6 modules.

just do a volt-mod and you'll be laughing at that price.

:santa2:

Back