• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What ram would be good with Athlon 2500+ M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ziggo0

Im having a tuff decsion on what ram i should get with my AMD Athlon 2500+ Mobile. I plan on overclocking the hell out of this so i know i will need decent ram. Also just to add, im looking for low priced. I dont really wanna have to go above 100$ for ram. Im looking for a 512mb module. Also what is making this decsion tuff is what is the standard fsb (in ddr) for the A2500+M? Isnt it 266 DDR (133 fsb)? If it is i should be able to at least get the ram up to 400 DDR (200 fsb). My motherboard right now is a Abit NF7-S rev 2.0 so im not worryed there. I was looking at Kingston 512MB PC 3200 DDR but im not sure if that will run at 400 DDR. Im rather confused about my self, just need help with which ram i should buy for this proccesser.

well for $100 i dont think you will find it maybe 160-200 but anyways i have the twinx corsair 3200LLpt 2 x 256 and it runs tight no joke but i heard if yo get 2 512 sticks sicne they are double layered it is actually harder to oc 512 sticks , and i actually ordered 512 sticks and i couldtn get any where good with those , but my current sticks pwn.

ziggo0 said:
Im having a tuff decsion on what ram i should get with my AMD Athlon 2500+ Mobile. I plan on overclocking the hell out of this so i know i will need decent ram. Also just to add, im looking for low priced. I dont really wanna have to go above 100$ for ram. Im looking for a 512mb module. Also what is making this decsion tuff is what is the standard fsb (in ddr) for the A2500+M? Isnt it 266 DDR (133 fsb)? If it is i should be able to at least get the ram up to 400 DDR (200 fsb). My motherboard right now is a Abit NF7-S rev 2.0 so im not worryed there. I was looking at Kingston 512MB PC 3200 DDR but im not sure if that will run at 400 DDR. Im rather confused about my self, just need help with which ram i should buy for this proccesser.
check my sig, my corsair can go higher but my mobo is limiting fsb. i can run cas2.0 on them up to 205mhz. of course i was lucky, but i've heard similar things about the kingston valueram.....

The two links below are NF7 specific and include suggestions for RAM, in addition to other tweaks for the Abit. The advantage of the mobile is the adjust the multiplier, thereby running it at higher fsb and increasing overall system performance. Among the popular choices for doing this on an Abit are ram with the following chips, from whatever source (Kingston, Crucial, Buffalo, OCZ, etc): Micron -5B C, Hynix BT-D43, Samsung F-TCCD (newest revision), and of course BH-5 or BH-6, and even some of the newer CH-5. Some of these require Vmods to be able to reach the higher speeds, some will run this within the NF7's default limits. Read through some of these articles and some of the threads in this forum, including Sen's review of his 35W mobile 2400 and flapperhead's thread on the Kingston valueram with the Micron chips (also used by OCZ in their EB line). There is a lot of good input from people sharing their experiences, all of which should help you in your decision of what ram to buy. There is no perfect answer, as it will be impacted by things such as whether you intend to do vmods or not, how high an overclock you are trying to reach, which will them be impacted by you cooling alternatives, etc. You should be a target range that you would be happy with, then search for the ram that will do that at the timings that you are willing to accept, within the other parameters (voltage, cooling, etc) that you have to work with/within.

The third link is a good overclocking guide which unlike many, gives you suggestions as to what the problem might be when you encounter certain instability issues.

The last link is to a fine article on memory at PC Perspective which will help with fsb and memory timings questions.

That's enough homework for the weekend.

http://www.logan.eclipse.co.uk/abit...ionfree.com/underclock/index.php?showtopic=53

http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Guides/OCguide/

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=15&type=expert

They may be a problem with some of these links. I'll add another post and try to fix if needed.

Last edited:
Back