• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hyperbob

Can I take out the dinky fan that came with my leadtek gf 2 ultra and put a big case fan on top of it? Would it work?

hyperbob said:
Can I take out the dinky fan that came with my leadtek gf 2 ultra and put a big case fan on top of it? Would it work?

If you can figure out how to mount it, then yes... beware of voltage issues as I'm sure that larger fan won't run well (if at all) from the power plug on the card itself; you will probably need to use a fan connector on your motherboard...

actually i recommend getting one with a four pin connector so you ccan hook it to the power supply...

I have the same card, simply remove the stock fan and replace it with a Sunon or similiar 40x40x20 mill fan.....Superglue or Silicone adhesive is the way to affix it. Or use four rubber washers(to get adequate clearance if you 'stack' it) and affix the 40x40x20 mill fan on top of the stock fan..
2338_small.gif

This Delta fan is 4 dollars

http://www.excess-solutions.com./12vdc_fans.htm

Back