• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help my OCZ PC3200 won't OC past 205mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yelgnid

Registered
Help my OCZ PC3200 won't OC past 210mhz

I need some help here. I've got an ABIT AI7 mobo w/ P4 2.4C and one 512mb stick of OCZ PC3200 rev 2. It has heat spreaders so I don't know what kind of chips. Timings are 2-3-3-6 and GAT (tRDA and CPC) is disabled. System is stable at 263 FSB(210 w/5:4) with DDR voltage at 2.8 but I can't get it to 264 or higher even with DDR voltage at 3.2 and I know my board and CPU can go much higher so this has to be my memory holding me back :bang head. Is there something I am missing? :confused:

Last edited:
in the soft menu do you have your agp/pci locked at 66/33? also try relaxing the timings maybe. what you can get in the 5:4 ratio, may not be what you get with the ai7 1:1. The AI7 is funny like that. Also try all the settings on auto and see how high they can clock like that as well.
on my bh5 if i leave all the gat settings off i can get 239-240 fsb on my ai7 1:1. But if i enable f-1, then enhanced at 225, my rig is much much faster.

Considering you bought PC3200 then I'd say nothing is wrong. They run at spec so you might have just got unlucky and have some bad chips that will only run what they are sold at. It happens to everyone.

Back