• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Infinity DRIVING Strength and slew rate!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
I found some info on driving strength and slew rate here

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?p=2903686&postcount=44

Well I use dimm slot 1 and 3 so for mine it looked like this

auto
auto

interesting thing is I went from about 230 fsb 3dmark stable to around 239 without droping back to windows just be changing these setting's. In each one you can change it from 0 to 15 I think but I really dont fill like tring to pick a combination to work so if anyone has any better info or better setting or want to try some out plz let's find out what work's the best.

Right on, a new bios that sounds good!! Might have to pull the old infinity out of the box again :santa:

The 6/19 bios fixed any and all cold boot issues for most people, is rock stable, and also includes an updated SATA bios, which I prefer over the previous one....definitely worth a look.

Blah no one is testing any other setting's.

The following is copied from a post I made over at dfi-street.com:

While I'm at it I'd like to take my time to comment on my new findings with the 6/19 bios especially after I flashed back to the 1/21 not too long ago....

It appears that the 6/19 is still notorious for the peripheral drop, something that I have yet to recieve in the 1/21 bios (which was in fact my main problem that I was attempting to alleviate).

Also, I remember someone suggesting that people with bh-5/bh-6 (notably mushkin) attempt driving and slew rates of 4-2-4-2-4-2. I have very mixed results with these rates. They did make my computer feel somewhat faster (zippier, if you will....) Unfortunately, these settings are highly unstable (on my rig at least) and they are in fact that reason why I recieved that random reboot with the 6/19 bios. I learned this the hard way as I had a reboot from the 1/21 (my first ever) using these timings. I set everything back to auto and my problems simply went away.

I don't know what it is about the 1/21 but it is a definite winner for many DFI fans out there. My biggest qualm of the bios is that I would love for it to include the 7 "hidden timings" (which I understand that it cannot) and THAT IT ALLOWED ME TO ADJUST THE AGP LATENCY. I find that my system prefers lower latencies on the agp.

Anyway, I apologize for any inconvenience (spelling?) I have caused you and hope that my above insight will help others as well.

deception``

Click here for the actual thread

Well, i pulled the Infinity back out of he box :thup: . The reason i put it away was that my OC was eroding and i didn't know why. I started from scratch with my settings and found that my Infinity must of just been breaking in. I used to run pretty loose settings to get 230-245fsb OC and different voltages, too little or too much wont boot now. I am now able to keep Aggressive CPU Interface setting no problem. :clap:

I used the 6/19 bios and have had no post after exiting Memtest. No post while turning PC on in the morning. No post after restarting my pc. And i never had a LAN or Sound problem till i used the 6/19 bios. The only no posts i have ever had were from bad OC settings and trying to flash any modded or none modded 4/29 or 5/05 bios. I went back to the 2/17 alpha and the 1/31 beta and i can't get rid of the LAN or sound problem when OCing fsb, starts around 230fsb and up. Reloaded windows with APIC off was the only way :thup: .

I have had some success with DIMM settings though

DIMM1 Driving Strengh 6
DIMM1 Slew Rate 7
DIMM2 Driving Strengh AUTO
DIMM2 Slew Rate AUTO
DIMM3 Driving Strengh 6
DIMM3 Slew Rate 7

Could prime 240fsb for 3 1/2 hours before 9 1/2 hours after. Though i would try something new after being disapointed with it failing Prime after 9 1/2 hours. I put my AGP Clock Setting from 66 to 70. Primed 16 hours before i stopped 240x10.5 with KHX3200/K2 which is BH-5 at 3.1 volts. There was a lot less lag in windows while Priming with these settings. It might be APIC off, AGP Clock Settings, or the 6 7 combo on the DIMM settings that makes it less laggy, feels like she can take alot more. Sorry if i can't say exactly what it is, haven't been at home much. I am still having trouble getting 3.2 and 3.3 volts to give me anything Prime. Can get into windows no problem at 260 fsb.

Sorry if this is long winded or errelevent but though i would share my findings after wanting to throw this board to the dogs :beer:

Last edited:
Did you try 4 2 4 2 4 2 ?

I willl have to give the 6 7 6 7 6 7 a try when I get the time and see what happen's so far 1/21 have been the most stable for me but I havn't tried the 6/19's yet.

Ya i did, took a little longer to get into windows. Tried a few others and didn't seem to do well. I am using the 1/31 right now.

Back