• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime95 Lockups

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lob-Star

OK, first, my new system:

Barton Mobile 2600 @ 2600mhz (13x200 @ 1.8v) w/ sp-97 + Tornado 92mm
2x512 Corsair XMS 2700 C2 (6:5, 166)
NF7-S v2.0 (un-mod'ed)
geForce 4 ti 4400 @ 310/639 (4x AGP)

Anyway, I am getting system lockups on Prime95 at around 2 hours (I know this because the system clock also stops :p). My temps are 40c core and 22c case. I have the IQYHA 0352 code proc. Is this related to the 1gb ram problem that was found in Prim95? I can run other burn in programs over 12 hours and game without a problem.

Any help would be awesome!

Last edited:
Try alittle more vcore if your 1.8 is in bios cause abit undervolt's alittle anyway's an also if that 40c full load or what? IMO I would run your ram async due to the performance loss. You probably can run that cosair @ 200fsb with 2.9 vddim and 2 3 3 11 timing's.

40c is under full load @ 12 hours. I have the ram at 2-3-3-11 currently, but still 6:5. I'll try your suggestions when I get home. Hoping to get 2700 out of it soon.

Better performance running you cpu and ram sync. ;)
Just loosen the timings and see how high you can get your ram. :attn:

I have never had any luck with stability run ram dividers on a nF2 mobo.
In fact I hosed the bios on my Infinity once trying to use the dividers.

^^ ouch.

By loosening the timings on the ram will I lose any noticeable performance (or gain anything over the 6:5 ratio)? My board goes to 2.9v for ram voltage so I have room yet. And how loose is too loose? I am currently at 2:3:3:11.

Last edited:
Here's the deal.

With a divider you create a bottleneck in your system.

Your first priority should be to remove this by running your ram sync with your processor. You'll get much better performance.

As for loosing your timings... it does make the system feel slightly (and when I say slightly I mean slightly) less snappy. But if you do this while you return to sync.. you'll probably actually notice an increase in speed.

Back