• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What can I use to play real audio and video (.ram) other than Real One?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prot

I am looking for something to play .ram files (real audio and real video) other than Real One because I find Real One is loaded with adware, spyware, aol junk, and generally tries to take over everything. Ideally, a plug in for Windows Media Player 9 would be nice although they probably don't make such a thing. I have qucktime because I use iTunes, so a plug in for quicktime or iTunes would also be nice, but again they probably don't make such a thing. It seems like there has to be some alternative to Real One to play .ram files.

I think Media Player Classic can play Real files. It also plays ogg and ogm, first reason why I got it.

Yeah Real Alternative plays the files fine and without the spyware/ads.

There's also a Quicktime Alternative too.

Thanks, Real Alternative is just what I needed. The audio quality is not the best, but that is no big deal for me because I mostly needed it to watch news stories or political speeches.

Drec said:
why would anyone want a quicktime alternitive?

I don't use quicktime for anything, and I'm never going to go pro, but they keep asking me too! It's basically a way of saying 'I hate your software, and I'm not going to use it, but I have to have something to play your files with'

Drec said:
why would anyone want a quicktime alternitive?
All that's needed is the codec to play the quicktime files. I don't want all the junk/features Quicktime installs with their player.

Back