• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good ol' P3 Coppermine Dually boards..?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCMunkee

Okay, I am really peeved, I lost the bid on eBay for my new VP6 (well would've been mine) because someone came in 13 SECONDS before the end :bang head .. ugh.
I can't find more VP6s at the moment, but I can see an MSI 694D for sale. How do these two compare? Or any others that I should look for?
Needs to have obviously 2 FCPGA sockets, at least 133FSB (preferably nicely OCable) and IDE RAID (like the 694D and VP6 did).
Any ideas?

--Nathan

I know nothing about the 694D.

The Acorp 6A815EPD is a fine board to look for. Uses the Intel 815 chipset (512MB limit on RAM), onboard RAID via Promise FASTTRACK100 lite which can be modded to a full FASKTRACK100, and usually overclocks to 150 fsb depending on your hardware setup. Only complaints are no voltage adjustments in the BIOS.

Sounds pretty sweet. Thanks. I'll have a look :p
The lack of voltage adjustment doesn't bother me much, as I'm actually a newbie to overclocking.
But everyone else, more ideas would be nice :cool:

Thankee,
--Nathan

good luck finding your board, i've been on the lookout for a dual slot 1 mobo that doesn't require registered ecc for quite sometime. :(

Well, I have a dual Slot 1 mobo from a Poweredge 2400 server. Though it requires eps12v psu (has a 24pin and an 8pin psu slot, the 8 pin is just the xeon 6pin and the p4 4pin together) and pc133 registered ecc ram.. ***SNIP***

No selling outside of the classifieds.

SickBoy
Forums Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't list items for sale in the general sections. There are classifieds available after 100 posts and verification by the moderators of those sections. Those mods come down very hard on people attempting to sell in the general areas.

I just did a search on ebay and came up with three VP6's. Its rareness shows how beloved and great of a board it actually is. Both Vp6 boards that I have have reached 160 FSB and are rock solid.

In my opinion the ONLY fault the VP6 has, is its compatability problem with the via chipset and the SB Audigy 1.

Xaotic said:
Please don't list items for sale in the general sections. There are classifieds available after 100 posts and verification by the moderators of those sections. Those mods come down very hard on people attempting to sell in the general areas.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to sell my board. It's free if the new owner pays postage :p.. or does that count as selling? Either way, note to mods: pleasedontkillme!!

--Nathan

Best bet? Get a 440bx/gx board and slotkets. Intel 440 chipsets thoroughly dominate anything Via has to offer.

Just so you know, my dual coppermine box edges out my dual tually in multithreaded memory benches. This is with 4-way interleave and 1T command rate enabled on CAS2 Crucial sdram in the latter. I'm running cheapo generic PC133 WITH ECC enabled in my primary rig. The 440 chipsets are the gods of the Pentium 3 (well, that might be stretching it).

http://www20.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20000308/fsb-133-2-15.html

I've heard a lot of problems with bad caps on the VP6 (well, most taiwanese mobos from that time).

Last edited:
Back