• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check This Out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yuuuummmy. But oh my holy god would buying two 6800U's break my bank. Anyone have any ideas on how this would work with just one monitor? Would the algorithms simply detect that only one cable was connected and how would that affect performance given that one card would have to be transferring all of its computations across that bridge to the other card? Heh, I can just see that bridge having it's own dimm expansion like SCSI RAID cards...and then, naturally, someone would have to throw that OCZ ram voltage upgrade into...and...and...and.

I think just fantasizing about the possibilities with things like this is darn near as much fun as having it would be :D

yea isnt that what them new alienwares have?...that is so expensive...i wish i could just have 1 6800...pfft 2 of em.

I also thought that was alienwares big secret. Would kinda kick em in the nad's if anyone could just get it. Unless AW is putting dual pci-e slots on enthusiast boards which would make them preferable.

The difference between this and the system that Alienware developed is that the video cards don't render 50/50 of the image on the screen...I'm pretty sure that Alienware's system does. Seems to make sense to have a dynamic percentage because then you can make sure that both cards are sharing the load equally.

Here's another article about it from Tom's:
http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040628/index.html

Sounds great except.... If you have 2-6800U's then they would take up 4 rear slots.

---Josh

Back