• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A-Data pc4000 place to buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kapster

Hi,

a few weeks ago I bought a stick of the A-DATA PC4000 512mb modules at newegg for $108.

Now that i got some more spare cash id like to get dual channel going. Although it seems newegg does not carry them anymore.

Now this hasnt been the easiest ram to find for me. But I have seen people saying the komusa stuff is the same.

So I wanted to clear this up for myself before I go buy the wrong stick...

Is this stuff the same: When I select ADATA brand.

here

thanks a bunch people
:D

It isn't really the same. I believe it uses the same chips but the PCB may be different and teh heatspreaders are. Also, I think newegg is just out of stock ATM so waiting might be a good solution or browsing other sites. If you want the closest thing to the exact same stick try sites like monarchcomputer.com zipzoomfly.com and so on to see if they carry it.

Just hit newegg and they still carry it, although for quite a bit more.
LINKAGE.

Personally I'd spend the extra cash just so my sticks looked the same and so that I was sure they were the same, but thats me.

Last edited:
Back