• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(Pre)External Box Creation Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eXCeSS

Would having things my external box (Cathar style) arranged as in teh picture below have any negative effects as far as on of the rads getting all the air pulled thru it etc.

radbox1.jpg

There will be more questions but I'm constructing tommorow so it shouldnt be too bad :D

-eXCeSS

Edit: Those are the 540CFM blowers that draw air thru the sides and spit it out of the box.

Face the fan on the adjacent wall (back?) to keep from pulling in air it just pushed outside back in through the rad. I hope that made sense.

Yeah I know what you mean, but i want everything to be in the box becuase if they were ouside it would be kinda fugly.

1) blower placement from your pic
2-3) Ri0s suggested placements (right?)

or what about the top? if you rotate the exhaust up 90 degrees it would still fit in the same spot and the hot air shouldnt come back in the rad.

Attachments

• excessexternal.GIF
    excessexternal.GIF
    4.8 KB · Views: 97
i doubt the hot air will come back in the 540cfm blowers are going to be shooting that air far away lol

thanks for the help, ive started cutting the wood and it should be done tommorow

Back