Notices

Overclockers Forums > Software > Internet, Networking, and Security
Internet, Networking, and Security Networking and Viruses/Malware trouble. Get the answers here.
Forum Jump

Ahhhh Evil Sst-pr-1 Network Invading Laptop!!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 06-30-04, 04:46 AM Thread Starter   #1
ozzlo
Senior whose title will pierce the heavens!

10 Year Badge

Ahhhh Evil Sst-pr-1 Network Invading Laptop!!!!

I'm not sure if this has been talked about before since I don't usually browse through the networking section, in regards to wireless networking but I just discoverd this and thought everyone might find this interesting.

MYSTERY NETWORK NAME REVEALED TO BE COMMING FROM MYSTERIOUS WHITE VANS.

the network name is something like SST-PR-1.

IF YOU SEE THIS NETWORK NAME OR CONNECTION POP UP ON YOUR COMPUTER THEN YOU MAY VERY WELL HAVE A Sears Service Tech van near by.

STORY:

so last month i got a laptop with wireless G card. a few weeks ago I got a "wireless network found" message from windose xp and I was like :EEK: ther's a wireless network in my house and I ran all over crawling through every inch of my house looking for the source because I have no networks of any kind in my hose. about a few hours later the signal vanished without a trace and i was like WTF. Then the next day it showed up again for a few hours. this time I was determined to find the source. I live out in the country side so my nearst neighbor lives like a 1/4 mile down the road and i'm thinking to myself that 1/4 mile is a little far for a wireless network. We do hoever have somebody building a house right next door so I asked him if he had any wireless networks going on and he was kinda busy talkin to some sears guys but he said what u see is what i got. since the house had no walls a quick tour led me to beleive that this house had no computers or routers in it whatsoever. So i passed the sears guys on the way back to my house and when inside AND FLIPPED THE MAIN BREAKER to make sure i wasn't picking up some wireless phone I turned off all the cell phones and took the batteries out of out cordless phones and the network still existed. so alittle asking around about the network name and a few google searches tured up that the sears vans are and other company vehicles are equipped with wireless networking who woulda thought?

I learn something new every day

just wanted u to know if u have ever seen that b4 and wondered.

. . . . . . .
HELP!!!. . . . . . RAWR!!!

. . . . . . . . .\. . . . . . . . /
__________\0/_____/\__________
ozzlo is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-30-04, 07:47 AM   #2
jajmon

That is very interesting. I'm wondering if the vans have some sort of repeater for their own wireless network.
jajmon is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Software > Internet, Networking, and Security
Internet, Networking, and Security Networking and Viruses/Malware trouble. Get the answers here.