• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any dual operton overclocking boards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tkotitan

Registered
I have to ask, are there any dual opteron boards out there that support any kind of overclocking? It sure would be nice to save some $$$ and buy a pair of 242s and oc them to 246+ speeds, but I can't seem to find any articles on the subject. I dunno if we can even unlock multipliers, etc...

Usually:

Dual Opteron => Server/Workstation Setup => Stability first, Overclocking low in the list of priorities.

I'm not to sure if there is a good board for OCing Opterons but to be honest I would think most boards would be focusing on speed and stability rather than overclocking features.

Methinks the MSI board allows FSB increases, but since there's no PCI/AGP lock, you're limited in the higher teens, I think. So 215 give or take . . . not that much of an overclock, and endangers stability, but it's something. Wait for NForce3 boards before diving . . . Might be deeper waters there.

Z

Back