• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Pool Caller anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Macca

Been having the problem of occasional blue screens on restarts, Bad Pool Caller, Stop 0x000000c2. They system specs are:
Intel D875PBZLK I875P
Intel P4 3.0c
2 x 512mb's Crucial pc3200
1 x WD IDE 120gig 8mb
2 x WD SATA 120 gig 8mb in Raid 0
Radeon 9600
Turtle beach Santa Cruz audio.

Anyone know where to start troubleshooting?

Macca said:
Been having the problem of occasional blue screens on restarts, Bad Pool Caller, Stop 0x000000c2. They system specs are:
Intel D875PBZLK I875P
Intel P4 3.0c
2 x 512mb's Crucial pc3200
1 x WD IDE 120gig 8mb
2 x WD SATA 120 gig 8mb in Raid 0
Radeon 9600
Turtle beach Santa Cruz audio.

Anyone know where to start troubleshooting?

Not sure what the exact issue is but I would start with checking:

- Temps
- Run Memtest86 from www.memtest86.com
- Run a virus scan

Thanks .i'll try memtest. Temps aren't too bad, 40c to 48c and no viruses, it's a new install on all new hardware.

I thought the bad pool caller was more irq or driver related?

Macca said:
Thanks .i'll try memtest. Temps aren't too bad, 40c to 48c and no viruses, it's a new install on all new hardware.

I thought the bad pool caller was more irq or driver related?

I'm not sure what the actual issue is, I'm just trying to think what generally causes bluescreens. And Memory issues, PSU issues and heat are the things that immediately come to mind :)

If you find out what the actuall issue was, let us know :)

If it is IRQ related try taking out non-necessary cards and see if the BSODs go away?

Did you check Intel's site for mobo driver updates?

Sounds like their doing the same thing Abit does with that stoopid IRQ pooling that bundles all your heavy running hardware on one IRQ. I had my USB bus, video card, raid controller, and PCI bus all on the same IRQ...it wasn't pretty (except if you like blue) until I got the latest drivers.
I don't remember the specific error I was getting though....but worth a try.

Thanks, it's winxp pro. I'll have a look see if i can find updated drivers.

Back