• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM sinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

falltime

Registered
i returned my HIS 9800 pro for a Sapphire 9800 Pro so I could get the r360 core. The HIS 9800 pro had a vga silencer and RAM sinks pre-installed. I've already ordered a seperate vga silencer for my Sapphire, but I was wondering as to what kind of difference I might notice if I didn't purchase RAM sinks to put on my new Sapphire. I vaguely remember seeing in some forums that they don't really do anything..... Is there any difference? If there is, what type works well on 9800 pro. Thanks

I used some OCZ flower sinks, which are pretty big, especially for BGA memory, but was able to boost my memory overclock from 395MHz to 405 MHz. Not a huge increase but tangible.

falltime said:
i returned my HIS 9800 pro for a Sapphire 9800 Pro so I could get the r360 core. The HIS 9800 pro had a vga silencer and RAM sinks pre-installed. I've already ordered a seperate vga silencer for my Sapphire, but I was wondering as to what kind of difference I might notice if I didn't purchase RAM sinks to put on my new Sapphire. I vaguely remember seeing in some forums that they don't really do anything..... Is there any difference? If there is, what type works well on 9800 pro. Thanks

did u check your core on the 9800pro.. my HIS has the R360.

Back