• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Omega drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just a repacked version of the catalyst drivers, they are very safe and are supposed to be better for performance and IQ etc. But personally I didn't see and gian increase in my scores so I just switched back to the normal drivers

What about game performance for example, farcry.

No difference?

I didn't really see any, but I didn't play it for an extended amount of time. Not to mention the fact I couldn't figure out how to turn on the fps counter

I use Fraps to show FPS.

I usually get around 60fps in single player and about 100fps in multiplayer.

Not bad... :)

I'm using 4.6 I think...
How do I check?

Sorry first time owning an ATI.

ATI's Drivers have gotten really good that improvements can't really be made anymore so the omegas don't show a big improvement. Back in the 3.x and to about 4.4 you can see a difference in performance and IQ in the shaders. But the newer >4.6 Cats leave very little room for improvement on the R360/350/RV350/360 cores. It's been 2 years of course they'd get all the bugs out and performance up.

far cry fps counter =

Press `(~) for console to go down
\r_displayinfo 1

it shows min/max n avg fps.

I might as well try them then.
I use FRAPS for measuring fps.

Cool, cheers for the link :)

I wish I could hit 5900 in 3dmark03, my highest is about 4500 :(

I ran 3dmark on omega drives and catalyst 4.6 the ati catalyst came out faster by 20, not much difference

i tried the cat 4.6 and the new omegas today on my 9600 pro. my only test was playing a game and measuring average fps. i played a map with the cat4.6s and then unistalled those and installed the omegas and played the same map. my average fps went up 10fps so that was all the convincing i needed to go with the omegas.

Quattro said:
I'm using 4.6 I think...
How do I check?

Sorry first time owning an ATI.
Using Xp....Go to display properties,advanced. Then navigate to the "options" tab it should show there. :D

Back