• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual layer dvd+r dl media hard to find...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

superamd

I need to contact Silversinksam, I WILL BE BANNED
I like to get a dual layer (8.5gb) dvd+r DL drive but I cant seem to find media for it anywhere. Can someone point to me a website that sells them .

P.S. How mad is the recording industry gonna be when these become mainstream and people can rip off blockbuster dvds as much as they want?

superamd said:
I like to get a dual layer (8.5gb) dvd+r DL drive but I cant seem to find media for it anywhere. Can someone point to me a website that sells them .

P.S. How mad is the recording industry gonna be when these become mainstream and people can rip off blockbuster dvds as much as they want?

I don't think it is out yet...I believe it'll be availabe somtime in the latter part of 2004 (November/December).

Im glad to know Im not the only one that cant find these things, Is their some kind of lawsuit keeping them from production? Or just new technology taking its tiem to get to mass production?

Its called, the drive makers beat the media makers. Of course, now when the media comes out in the next month, half of the drives wont work with it, I can sense atleast one or 2 rom flashes, and sniff sniff, is that a 14 dollar coaster i smell.

Back