• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hynix? Any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quattro

I have the opertunity to buy 1gb of Hynix PC3200 RAM?

Is Hynix any good?

Thanks I need to know quickly!

Is hynix a generally good make?
Where do I tell my seller to look to see if it has bt/ct- d43 or d5 chips?

Please Help

If my seller doesn't know what chips they are shall I just take a gamble or did hynix make some really crap chips at some stage?

hynix makes 95% of all the pc4000/4200/4400/4500 chips used in almost every make from ocz to mushkin.. tell ur friend to look on the memory chips themselves for those numbers/ letters (ending) in the chip serial numbers.. ie: bt d43,ct d43 or ending in d5

Oh right!
Thanks flapperhead.

So these PC3200 Hynix will run very fast?

Sentential said:
Very.... my generic BTD43 had no trouble running at 257.7mhz...not bad for an AMD rig. :clap:

Whoa... I'm getting these.

What are they worth, or rather what would be a price thats a bargain but still feasable.

Does this mean anything to anyone?

The label has this printed Hynix PC3200U-30330

The memory reads Hynix 351A HY5DU568228T-043

What does this mean?
Good or Crap?

351A HY5DU568228T-043

Does that mean it's D5 Chips, which are good right?

is that the paper label or the label printed on the chips themselves cause if its on the chips i think ur friend has gotten some of the letters/ numbers incorrect .should be like bt-d43 at the end

edit: that number doesnt come up in hynix's part search..

Oh...
Is this a bit suspect then?
But gernally hynix is good, what should I expect to pay for 512MB x2 PC3200?

Cool.
I've got 1Gb for £100, I'm not sure what that is in US$.

But it'll be worth it right?

Cheers for your help flapperhead.

Guys, it is BT-D43, the guy cant read hence the 8 instead of a B and 0 instead of D.

ADDED: That is a pretty good price you paid there even in American standards if I do say so myself, sub-$200 (okay barely). Also, where in the hell do you people find KVR 512 sticks? My BB and CC only carry the damned 2*256 kits.

yeah i think it is bt-d43 too. i just wanted to make sure the guy wasnt playing games with him..

also this stuff can really fly. i had a set of pc4000 simpletech nitro with bt-d43 (later rev.) and 1 stick ran to 310 mhz...

Right...
So I've got myself BT-D43...

That means nothing to me, is that good.
What are it's stenghts and weaknesses?

Nothing except it is simply the some of the best chips made in terms of extreme OCs at a good price (Sen said how his OCed to 257.7). It is awesome stuff if your mobo can handle it, although the timings are very lax.

Put if I have the FSB far below what they are capable of like 210-220 would I be able to have nice timings?

I think the lowest I have seen ever for that stuff was CAS 2.5 ish. BT-D43 is a name for a reason and each letter/number mean something. I read this in the other Hynix thread
flapperhead said:
the bt- d43 stands for d=ddr 4= ddr400 3 = cl latency =3 the bt stands for rev b and the t stands for tsop. as u can see these chips have definitely surpassed their design. they ARE the chips to get if u need hi fsb 1-1 (250+) with loose timings... im my opinion the later rev b chips are supposed to be the best. the newer stuff tops out at like 2.8v/3.0v. not all hynix stuff runs this good but these chips sure do.

Back