• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What volts can i run through this ocz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
With EB, hit it with 2.9v you will get a better OC and timings. I personally don't know up to what the voltage it is safe but I assume up to 3.2 is good. Get the OCZ DDR Booster when it is released and you will love the results (up to 4 vdimm).

well at 230 fsb x 10multi it passed 3dmark2001 with flying colors, 18k ,

but failed prime after 1 minute... any help?

its at stock timings, go 2.5 3,3,11?

If your're system is stable enough to run 3dmark and play your games without any problems, don't worry about prime 95. My system fails Prime95 after 4 minutes, but I can fold and run seti 24/7 without any problems.

How are you cooling the northbridge on that NF7-S? 230 is nothing to cough at, as that is near PC-3700 EB levels on the 3500 EB product.

I'd say you should try putting a fan over the memory or northbridge to cool it down.

well i ram 3dmark 2001 with a fsb of 232, ran fine, got a 18756 or somthin, @ 2.68 ghz

232 x 11.5 i think

soo yeah thats cool,

umm im cooling the northbridge (and the southbridge and the cpu mofsets and the vdimm mofsets... all that stuff) with the zalman copper all in one kit...

so it looks like the abit northbridge cooling, only copper, im sure you know what im talking about

my abit eq my system temp reads at 25C.... under load my cpu is at 50 C

Last edited:
3500eb

That 3500eb is some nice stuff, especially on a NF7-S.

I have mine at 242x10.5 and 2.9v (timings 3-3-2-11). I saw somewhere that the memory has a lifetime warrenty at 3v. So I would guess 3.2v could be done with minimal risk.

I run my 3200 stick at 3.0V 24/7 and it works fine. It gets a little warm to the touch but nothing a fan and the stock spreaders can't handle. I keep trying to convince myself to try 3.1 but thats an expensive paper weight if it doesn't like it.

NiTrO bOiE said:
My system fails Prime95 after 4 minutes, but I can fold and run seti 24/7 without any problems.
Sure, but the results your machine sends back are worthless. Failing Prime95 says that your system can't reliably do one thing, MATH. If Prime95 fails your system is not stable. It may not crash and may play games for days, but I guarantee the seti and folding results you send back are wrong.

NiTrO bOiE said:
If your're system is stable enough to run 3dmark and play your games without any problems, don't worry about prime 95. My system fails Prime95 after 4 minutes, but I can fold and run seti 24/7 without any problems.

lol, I don't know about that. I can always fold or run a pass of 3dmark on a unstable system without any problems. Folding isn't the best test of stability ;)

Nice...now I'm interested in this stuff. Which probably means I'll have to spend a ton...sigh.

Back