• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I <3 you antec!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cerberus2k7

Drifto Mexicano
Fanboyish-ness I know. But this Antec case I have has just proven its airflow kingness. :D I have an Antec PV1000AMG and I love it! Heavy, but very nice. I never really paid attention to the whole "air flow" scene until recently. I swapped out my mobo(Again) and just left my case open figuring I would have cooler temps. Comp was rebooting and I was getting very annoyed. I felt my HDD and it was burning hot! I was actually about to buy a HDD cooler from Vantec when I just decided to put the door on to lower the noise and whatnot.

So I feel my HDD again and it's cool to the touch. o_O

o...k...comp isn't rebooting anymore, and the case is quieter! I thought having the door open would give better temps since there was such a large mass of cool air going in at one time. Temps with the door off was 50-52ºC and once I put it on, it is now running 42-44ºC! :drool: These Antec cases have really good cooling and airflow right out of the box considering there have been no real mods to this case!

Just my experience from Antec. :D

I'm shocked that my Antec SLK1000AMB gives me CPU temps of 32 C regularly. When I'm really cranking it up on a hot day I might break 40. It was a great improvement over my $40 cheapo!

Dual 120 mm fans really make a difference :)

Love mine as well. My case is a constant 32c with dual 120mm Antec fans.Very quiet also.

Did you mod your case for the dual 120s? I like to see pics if you did. I am working on modding a similar case and could use any pointers I can find. :)

so are you saying that puting the case door on made the temp go down? i could maybe see how having the air going straight through the case instead of just being open might decrease them slightly, but not very much.

lian > antec

and yes i have owned both. the antec has a little bit better airflow, but the lian dissapates heat better, and its about 20 pounds lighter

Zip22: Yes, it made a really big difference. And I can tell from my HDD. It is actually cold now and it gave my 9800pro an extra 25mhz on core O_O

And Xenocide: Steel is actually slightly better at cooling than aluminum but the weight difference and looks don't justify against aluminum cases and the consumers opinion.

Back