• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick couplers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Naeleros

I got permission to talk more or less freely about our company and products today. We are Parker Hannifin (usually just known as Parker) and I specifically work in Quick Coupling Division which is a segment of the Fluid Connectors Group (www.parker.com).

Here is a picture of one of our anodized aluminum flush face non-spill couplers. I'll be working to try and establish supply with a dealer that can be easily accessible to the watercooling crowd if there's interest. For now, I think you might find dealers that cater to agriculture and industrial needs at the website (not really sure). I'll also be sending a pair of couplers to a watercooling website to be evaluated soon. I really think you guys are gonna love these :)

James

p.s. There's really no financial incentive in this for me. I am just your average hourly paid Joe. My job exists totally independent of the few sales that this might generate. But, I love this hobby and the couplers have really improved on what I could do with my cooler.

Hmm...

You might have to humor me here... 'head loss' ? I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to water loss or air in? The only amount of water you lose is similar to dew that is left on the face of the coupler when disconnecting. Not even enough to be called a drop. And.. similarly .. there is a very small amount of air that replaces it in the line. Often the air is too small to notice.

James

by "head loss" cjtune means pressure drop
lots of this info in the Hydraulic Quick Couplings catalog, but for oil

cjtune, for the Non-Spill Couplings - be prepared for a big hit
I have some DIN 7 size that drop 5+ psi at less than 1/2 gpm

and note that you'll use the m/fm couplings in pairs

be cool

Hmm.. I am supposing the concern is that you won't have sufficient flow? I can attest that the flow rate coming from my Mag7 is quite sufficient.. but.. not sure if that helps any.

Its obvious that I am not a hydraulic expert.. hence my position as a machinist with my company. If you can give me more specifics about your concerns.. I will take it up with the design engineers ASAP.

james

how would i attach these to some 3/8 silicone tubing? would i have to make up some attachements, one side for tubing to go onto, and one threaded to screw those couplers onto?

attaching

On the couplers that I use there are female pipe threads. I just threaded in a hose barb. The hose side of the coupler can be configured in a number of different ways. We even have a new coupler coming out with the hose barb already built into the coupler.

James

William said:
those are awesome! As long as they aren't outrageous, they will be awesome!

If you're looking for a cheap coupler to meet your needs.. we're probably not going to be the company to look at. You're better off with plastic, etc.

If you want the best coupler .. then we're going to get more of your interest. Our couplers are made to very high standards (I should know as a machinist) and that makes them typically higher priced than industry standard. Our customers are typically the sort that are more interested in quality than price.

That's not to say that we don't try and reduce costs and improve manufacturing techniques to trim fat... but.. the fact is if you tighten tolerances.. you make it more expensive. I think that Parker's goal is a bit more to cater to the elite and make a name as 'the best' rather than 'the most sold'.

James

Products

I had another meeting with my FBU leader today to discuss product availability, etc.

The blue anodized aluminum part that you see above is actually still in the prototype stage. Its a fully functional part.. its just a matter of getting orders from our larger customers so that we can 'tool up' for production of the units.

We also have a more compact (and affordable) stainless coupler being developed for a (THE) microprocessor producer. I am trying to see if we could produce this part in aluminum (anodized) as well.

Both of these products will be available in the next few months. As of today, I believe that our FS-37x-6FP-E5 coupler is the best suited coupler for watercooling. Its a stainless steel coupler (non-spill, flush face, 2000psi rating) and is probably one of the finest couplers available anywhere. I'll put a picture below. I sure do love the pair that I use :)

James

Distributors

Memphis said:
Any distributors in Australia?

I can't seem to locate any Australian distributors on our website. If you would like me to followup and see if we can ship directly to you, please email me at [email protected] .

Just an FYI for folks.. please don't email me for cheaper direct rates. Large companies (like Parker) don't normally do direct business because of the potential damage to distributor relationships. I am just offering to bring this case up to my bosses because of the special nature of no distributor available.

Of course.. feel free to email me with any other questions or if you are having difficulty finding an outlet for our parts.

James

p.s. Hmm.. I feel like a salesman lately. Just so I remind myself.. I'm just a machinist.. I'm just a machinist.. I'm just a machin...

What type of aluminum are they manufactured from 6061, 6063, 2024, 2011, or something less common? Also are they tempered (I doubt it, since were talking about pricision fittings)? If so, to what hardness?

dimmreaper said:
What type of aluminum are they manufactured from 6061, 6063, 2024, 2011, or something less common? Also are they tempered (I doubt it, since were talking about pricision fittings)? If so, to what hardness?

The aluminum product pictured is a prototype.. and I don't have particulars about the grade of aluminum used. And.. you're correct we don't harden our aluminum fittings (AFAIK). I'll double check on that, though.. as I don't work in that department.

James

Back