• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BOINC Won't Except URL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

craigiz1

I activated my account they was passed over to BOINC from my SETI account. It gave me a URL and account code. I installed the software then it asks for the URL and code but it says it can't connect to that URL.
I did a copy and paste into the boxes. I'm sure that the info didn't get messed up.

Any idea's? :bang head

Well, I got it to except the URL. Had to set my internet security to allow this program to access the internet. (Duhhh)

Now I'm getting "No scheduallers responded." I'm hopeing it's just the servers are busy.

What do you think.

I hope I can get this running. It's a bit anoying. It might scare away newbies to Boinc.

Yeah, the scedulers seem to be way overwhelmed, and can only be reached on one out of ten tries for me it seems. I'd either suggest joining Predictor@Home as well, or have SETI 1 run in the background until BOINC gets some WUs.

JigPu

Well, they used the word MAJOR, so maybe we'll see some improvements.

July 7, 2004
We're making some major changes to deal with server performance problems. The project will be shut down for several hours today.

Well I seem to be running now.
I am getting a w/u done in about 2h 40m 'ish.

What kind of times seem common?

Thanks.

Back