• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adopt a Rig Donations Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry, I didn't see this thread. My donation has been made. Sorry it couldn't have been more :-/

bump for a good cause, I've got a PSU, case, CD-ROM, and HDD in on this venture, and have a stick of PC133 whenever Xeno needs it. This is a great cause guys, and we appreciate anything even if it is just a few bux.

[Sticky...Sticky...Sticky...]

Good job with the thread Xenocide! Its important that everyone knows that they can donate a little bit of cash and not just hardware.

Sig link added!
:p

Matt

Maxvla said:
$9.62 as of yesterday. :(

Bah, Crap. I thought we had gotten more.
Oh well, all this means is we need to spread the word a little bit better. I guess people aren't seeing this thread or something. I will tell people at my forums and spread the word to any oc forums members on my aim buddy list. A bit of creative advertising will do the trick.
:)

Matt

$9.62? How long does it take to clear? Mine went in on the 3rd but I guess with the 4th, it'll take a day or two extra to get there.

usually any payments to a paypal account are reflected in the balance however if they have not cleared (e-check) the account owner will not be able to use the full amount until it has cleared. if you sent a donation it either errored or it was after i asked xeno for the balance a couple days ago. perhaps he can check it again.

Maxvla said:
usually any payments to a paypal account are reflected in the balance however if they have not cleared (e-check) the account owner will not be able to use the full amount until it has cleared. if you sent a donation it either errored or it was after i asked xeno for the balance a couple days ago. perhaps he can check it again.

It is $38 I think.

Matt

xeno sent me 36 to cover the payment for the 1.6a i just bought for AAR2.

so we're back to like 2 dollars :eek:

No wonder I didn't see this thread till I hit someone's sig link. It's a sticky. No one reads the stickies :rolleyes: I was gonna bump and say I donated 30$ but bumps don't work on stickies :cry:
Cmon people help out the cause and you will be blessed with dgromacs by the folding Gods ;)

belorsch said:
No wonder I didn't see this thread till I hit someone's sig link. It's a sticky. No one reads the stickies :rolleyes: I was gonna bump and say I donated 30$ but bumps don't work on stickies :cry:
Cmon people help out the cause and you will be blessed with dgromacs by the folding Gods ;)

Thanks Belorsch. What I have been doing is, well first of all showing it off in my sig. Also, I have been reminding people about the program in general whether it be here or at my forums or on aim. Just spread the word. Tell your friends, tell your grandparents, tell whoever. I told one of my customers and when they get a new computer next month they are going to donate their old one... :) .

Matt

we've got a lead on some parts as follows:

2.2 celeron, 3 pci vga, several nics, several ide cables all for $50 shipped

also have a lead on a p4 1.8ghz and gigabyte 8INXP mobo for $65 shipped

all we need is a little money. beleive me we are scouring everywhere for deals and are coming up with excellent steals but without any money at all we can't even get the cheap ones :(

every dime you donate will go towards a folding rig. we will only purchase items when absolutely necessary or a very good deal is available.

Last edited:
PHILIP1193 said:
so who own all thses rigs when they are bought?
Phil
OC Folding Forums if I understand correctly. This
thread may explain better. The rigs are basically put together with parts and monetary contributions of OC Folding members.

PHILIP1193 said:
so who own all thses rigs when they are bought?
Phil

Rigs become property of OCforums Adopt-a-rig program

CheeZeTM said:
New to forum, have heard alot about folding rig (very little), what is it????

Adopt-A-Rig is our teams effort to collectively get machines up[ and running and folding for team32.

More info here
http://www.ocforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132

Folding itself is a medical research project run by stanford that uses your spare CPU cycles to help find cures for diseases like cancer, alzheimers, etc.

More info here
http://www.ocforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21 -- Read the stickies, they are very informative and also this thread
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=177093

Back