• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

25,000 bonus point question:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

masterwoot

On an A7V8X deluxe the bios clears whenever the power is unplugged.
New battery or new bios flashes don't help.

It's like the jumper is in clear bios mode, but it is definitely not.
Any idea??

Had the same board, but never had a problem.

Only problem i had was the darn thing wouldn't power down all the way somtimes. Grrr...

...It's like the jumper is in clear bios mode, but it is definitely not.

How do you know it's not?

I've read about some asus mobos where its manuals are marked wrong about the clear-cmos/normal jumper. It's supposed to be the other way around. I think it's for those with kt266 chipsets. I don't know about yours but I'd try moving that jumper to see if it makes any difference.

isnt it true though that if the CMOS jumper is in the "clear" position, it won't startup? I know this is the case with my Asus A7V600-X, ECS K7S5a and MSI K7N2-V...

This mobo won't start if the jumper is in the "clear" position (like all the ones i've worked on). It was a good thought though.

Sorry, no bonus points for you.

It was a thought. :)

I didn't know mobos won't start up with jumpers in clear position. My guess is that in clear position the cmos are disconnected from battery or shorted to ground or both?

Back