• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

limit upload speed to stanford servers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Karbon

Is there a way to limit the amount of bandwith that FAH uses when uploading WU's? It's really annoying sometimes when im playing a game and I start lagging really badly.... I'm folding on 6 pc's at home and there is no warning when one will finish a WU and upload, one time i was in the middle of match and nearly lost a round whiel waiting 30 seconds or so for it to finish uploading

I'm not sure if you use the graphical or console version, but in the Console you can make it "ask before sending".

FemFolder said:
I'm not sure if you use the graphical or console version, but in the Console you can make it "ask before sending".

Thats alright for a couple rigs, but when you got a farm of monitorless rigs, its not very practical.

I'm gonna download Netlimiter an give it a try to see how it works. I have 9 rigs folding on 56k, and I tell you, it can be a hassle, but I manage.

All my pcs are on a LAN off cable, and use the console w/ service installation.

I'll try that and see how it works

It works as it should, but I think it would be needed to install it on every pc that is folding, I doubt its possible to monitor applications over a network

Karbon said:
It works as it should, but I think it would be needed to install it on every pc that is folding, I doubt its possible to monitor applications over a network

turn it on so that it has to ask before sending/fetching. then install UltraVNC server on each box, make sure the ports 5800 and 5900 are open on them. then all you have to do is use the client and type in the local IP of the box and click connect and boom, your at it's desktop, you can control the PC from there. another option is to type http://local_IP:5800/ in your browser.

Back