• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ah, quiet!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chaos_Being

So I just got in my new case fans. Two Thermaltake Blue Eye LED fans (80mm, rated 21dBA and 28cfm) to replace my dual Thermaltake Smart Fan 1 outtakes (sooooo loud) and two Cooler Master quad green LED fans (80mm, rated 25dBA and 32cfm) to replace the generic intake fans that came with my case. This is in addition to me cutting out the case's fan grills, which I did last week.

Blissfull silence! :drool: No longer is my computer drowning out my speakers and the thoughts in my head- and I can hear the clock in my room ticking now :p

Even though I have less airflow now, my temps have not really changed- my cpu temp at load is unchanged, my case temp is at the most 2C above ambient.

And, my case is full of neato lighted fans now :D I should post a few pics later, right now it's way too late.

Here's the pics as promised :) I like how I have a nuclear sort of glow coming out of the front of my case now-

case1.JPG

Closeup of the front, you can see where I cut out the grills. I may end up cutting a bit more metal out of there so the fans give a more even glow. Go wire cutters!

case2.JPG

A nice side view of the case- my spare wires are all behind the motherboard-

case3.JPG

Exhaust fans and the wire grills I put over them. These TT fans are super quiet :)

case4.JPG

I still have my old smartfans, those are being saved for whenever I build a dedicated server- they can be as loud as they want then, so long as they're in a different room :p

I think the only thing I notice now that my fans aren't drowning it out is that my hard drive makes just a bit of a high pitched noise as it runs :eh?: Still a heck of a lot less nerve shattering than before though.

Back