• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whos going to be 600th??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thankzx....

I'm gonna need some help though. I have an old dual sys I want to overclock and I'm a newbie in this area. Been building sys since 386 days though. I went and bought some goodies the other night such as big h/s/f's, thermal grease and couple digi thermometers etc. My estimated ( by me ) work unit time is gonna be 118 hours aprox.

Someone Help me please....

Well… a dualie board with 118 hr WU times seems like it could REALLY benefit from some software tweaks & upgrades…. to quote Basher…

Here are the direct downloads you need Windows CLC, Seti Spy, Seti Driver and here are the instructions you need to follow to get them up and running. This is for one processor setups but if you need help setting up for dual procrssors just post and we will help ya out

Oh and WELCOME to the TEAM!!!

Happy hunting!!!

Thankzx Morpheus...

Yeah the reason is because It's currently using one cpu w/win98. I had to redo the sys recently and haven't gotten to reinstall nt4 or win2000. I tried last night and it wouldn't install. I tried winnt server and booted the cd, but it wouldn't find the ntldr files on the hd and just stopped. I don't really want to reformat and start from scratch as all my 3d stuff and internet connections are set up good. I'm itchin to get both cpu's cranking & hope to see some improvement time wise. I will try again maybe tonight.
As far as o'c'ing goes, should I get it overclocked first then install nt/2000 or install nt/2000 then try overclock ? Thankzx for the welcome everyone, I'll try not to slow ya'll down too much. Gonna get the dual athalon soon. It'll be barebones, nothing but cpu's and memory & hd. Nothing to slow it down. Duallie too.

sound like you need to get your critical data backed up & reinstall the OS...

I like to have a stable OS before I try any serious overclocking... that way if i have problems i know it from the overclock & not the OS...

Good luck to you and, again, WELCOME...

Back