• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with XP Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lance Thornton

Hi all,

I recently had the opportunity to fix 2 computers for a local religous service. They have WinXP Pro on some Dell P4's. The trouble was that they had no antivirus at all. (One had 1544 infected files and a boatload of spyware) All has been fixed now, including all updates from Microsoft as well as Symantec. The current problem is that I installed Juno as the Administrator and I cannot run it under Guest on the same machines. Can anyone tell me how to allow guest to run only Juno under the guest account? Thanks for the help.

The following entry in the Registry will stop the prompt that closes the connection when changing users (during Fast User Switching)...

Start | Run | Type Regedit, and click OK | Expand the following branch...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | Microsoft | Windows NT | CurrentVersion | Winlogon

Right-click within the RH pane, point to New, and then click String Value. Name the value KeepRasConnections. Double-click KeepRasConnections, and set the value data to 1.

Also, the New Connection Wizard provides a prompt for specifying connection availability. Choose between Anyone's use or My use only. The default is Anyone's use, which means the connection will stay open when you switch to another user. If you choose My use only, the connection will drop when you switch users.

Back