• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will x800xt be last of AGP cards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

avesta

If the x800xt is the last of AGP slot cards, then i might hold off buying my new system until there are some AMD compatible mobos with pci express.

But if ati will still make future AGP cards then I will go ahead and buy my new system now.

Ive heard that this is the last line of AGP cards...can anyone confirm this? will the successor to x800xt be AGP compatible?

Last edited:
i dont think pci-e will take over that fast...im guessing there will be atleast one more gen of AGP cards after the x800 and nv6800

As I understand it the X800 will be the last AGP native card, but ATi will bridge the newer PEG chips back to AGP for some time. Dave Orton mentioned that in a recent article, but I don't recall which one.

JCLW said:
As I understand it the X800 will be the last AGP native card, but ATi will bridge the newer PEG chips back to AGP for some time. Dave Orton mentioned that in a recent article, but I don't recall which one.

will that sacrifice performance?

avesta said:
will that sacrifice performance?
It will sacrifice some bus speed and abilities, but I don't think anyone can predict if it'll effect game play yet. My guess is that no, you won't notice a difference in the next 12~18 months.

Back