• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alpha specs for GeForce 4 announced

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RedDeathDrinker

Senior Aircraftsman IRL
Check out the alpha specs for the GeForce 4 :)

-Completely New videoboard design
-Newly designed Copper Gpu .13 micron design with clock of 315Mhz
-3.1NS 322Mhz DDR chips X 2 = 644Mhz DDR
-128 meg memory as standard
-New ramdac improved chip Ramdac @ 360
-NfiniteFX 2
-Improved Color methods
-B.O.D.E. Body ,Object,Design,envioment .This tells the Gpu if it`s drawing a body ,a object ,designing,or a envioment.
-6 pipes
-512 bit artecture
-5 vertex shaders
-Improved AA(Quintex) Max AA of 10x
-New 128tap Anastropic Filtering .Which the NfiniteFX 2 can do in OpenGL mode without much performance hit .Plus it can do Trilinear filtering at the same time!
-Dual head Monitor support on videoboard

Should be pretty cool......

Wow, nice.
I have to wonder how much of that we'll actually see though.
Where did you find that? Did they give a projected release date for it?

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!
I'm gonna get one if I have the money later...
It's gonna cost like 500 bucks.

GeForce 3MX and Ultra Rumor Denied Just got a reply from NVIDIA regarding the launch of the GF3MX and Ultra rumors reported earlier:
"Just a rumor...nothing planned."
Sounds like it was bogus info...

http://www.3dgpu.com/

GeForce 4 sounds great :)

Why buy a geforce 3 ultra or pro what ever when you could just overclock your geforce 3 with some artic silver thermal adhesive a nice big hsf you could probally get 550 by 250 easy lol.Any ways , any one know when the detenator 20 drivers will be out ? When will doom 3 be realeased ? I can't wait to play it online.

Violator. What a completely "Gee, I wonder who that is-sort of name!!!!"

I take it you've not been here much then?

Everybody, say hello to my bud, Violator. He works(!) upstairs from me.....and lives round the corner from me......now uses the same forums as me........lol

Back