• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

themiz4jc

Registered
Since I fried mobo asus p4p800dlx (may she rest in peace) I needs another. Which would be your choice and why?

Abit IC-7max
***'us P4C800-E dlx
Chaintech 9CJS Zenith

Much thanks in advance. Btw: I dont want to wait for pci express or btx. I want something now that I can OC the living crao out of.

I would go with the IC7 Max3 and get the vdimm and vtt mod done and that board will fly. p4C800 is a good board also but it needs a droop mod

if u arent planning in modding out to the max get an asus. its much easier to mod. the nb circuitry is cleverly designed to raise in ratio to the vcore. i have an ic7 which i like,however their is no excuse for the vtt fiasco from abit. when u pay 160/170 for an ocing board of that expense u shouldnt have to fix the vtt voltage. now another idea would be to get an ic7 and do the 5 mods from hipro5. i did that to my board. after doing those mods my ic7 is a monster.. i have up to 1.95v to the nb 1.9 to the vagp extra capacitors for stability etc and it really flies...

I've never modded my board...so I dont mond saying I'm kinda chicken :cool:

If I'm not going to mod my board at all do you think the IC7-max3 is the best option?

Actually If you aren't going to mod the board I would go with the Abit AI7 ;) I personnaly own one and it has all the features you could want. Up to 3.2 VDIMM!!

If you getting prescott for you setup get abit max 3, otherwise is still good choice, memory voltage selection up to 2.9v for this board

How did you fry your mobo

Back