• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS-P4P800-DELUXE, ram suggestion for oc?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
no budget really just want to know the options, my friend has ocz and it overclocked well in his system

hmmm check sig below, if u like the settings, then get same ram :)

my P4p800 Deluxe won't get over 240 fsb stable. I'd recommend you look into some low latency ram and a processor with a higher multiplier.

I think its ur processor that is holding u back, i heard 2.8 are not good oc'ers... :)

Could be. There's another thread around here and folks say it's the northbridge on the motherboard. I am inclined to believe it since I can get up to like 250fsb with single channel ram. But I could be wrong.

But some 3200LL sounds like what you need. You'll not be getting past 200 fsb in any event--unless you're REALLY lucky.

ciku said:
I think its ur processor that is holding u back, i heard 2.8 are not good oc'ers... :)

He doesnt have a 2.8, he has a 2.53 ;). Like they said. You would prob be better off with a new proc. Prob one with an 800 fsb.

Also 2.8's overclock pretty well in my opinion. I was able to hit 3.5 with a 1:1 and my buddy is able to hit 3.55 with a 1:1, and 3.7 with a 5/4.

wheat read again... u always have problem reading posts... i was answering cursor... replying to his post and it depends on what kind of 2.8's u use... maybe ur one of the lucky ones... 2.4 usually hits 3.6 when water cooled.

Back