• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want a good fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm really fond of the Thermaltake Smart Fan II's they come illuminated (in Blue Only) or non-illiuminated. They make them in sizes 80mm 92mm and 120mm. They come with a Rheobus to change the speed or you can use the temp sensor it comes with to change the speed.

If you have or are planning to get a Thermalright HS, the Delta HHE is my personal favorite. I haven't used the Panaflos, but from what I understand they don't put out as much air pressure as the Delta( with perhaps the U1A being the exception, arch said he got the same temps with both). Here's a link if you want to look at it LINK , almost 80 cfm at 43 dB isn't bad, I have it on my HS and my temps are in my sig.

BTW, if you have a fan controller you can turn the fan down until it's just a low hum... I leave my computer on all the time, and it's five ft. from my bed.... I'm still able to sleep ! :D

Another Sidewinder exclusive, the FFB0912HHE is the quietest 92mm triple bladed fan available. Compared to the FFB0912EHE and Vantec Tornado, this fan uses a third of the power and is over 10 dB quieter, and it does so without a fan controller. We offer this unit in a default 3-pin configuration with optional expandable sleeving and 3+4 connectors.

Delta 92x38mm FFB0912HHE
Specifications: 92x92x38mm, 71.69 CFM @ 3200 RPM, 42.5 dBA, 4.20W, .35 amp, 12v

CLICK HERE
:burn::)

** See sig of rig below..Delta HHE on rheo in above post..
*Pic's of my rheo install..

velvet-mod_2-028.gif

velvet-mod_2-023.gif
please don't quote my pic's.:)

Last edited:
yes, I was looking at either getting ^ delta fan, the HHE, or the EHE. I noticed that the EHE had a greater CFM. Is 50 db pretty loud?

It's actually about 53dB, and yes... that is loud. Unless you had a fan controller that could handle it, you would probably end up getting rid of it b/c of the noise. The Delta HHE is much quieter, and provides more than enough airflow for most cooling.

Back